Sumalee Sponsored Fighter Program
Have you ever wanted to live and train Muay Thai in Thailand?
Are you an up-and-coming talent in the sport?
Are you hard working, dedicated, and willing to learn from the best in the business?
If you answered yes to all of the above, the Sumalee Sponsored Fighter Program might just be for you.
As of January 2023 we are restarting our sponsorship program to give talented individuals the chance to train, fight, and flourish in Thailand, South East Asia, and beyond.
We are currently accepting applications for the next intake of nak muay for a 12-week stint in 2023 where you will:
- Live and train on site at Sumalee Boxing Gym, Phuket.
- Train daily with our experienced team of trainers.
- Receive expert nutritional guidance from our in-house Sports Nutritionist and get full nutritional support from our on-site performance nutrition focused restaurant.
- Prepare for and undertake fights locally and in the region.
- Soak up the culture and practices of Thailand.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right candidate!
Here’s the deal:
- Training is provided for; you will only be expected to cover your costs for accommodation (500THB per night).
- Guidance on your nutrition will be provided to help support your training and recovery.
- Food can be provided from our on-site restaurant (menus designed by our sports nutritionist) at a 50% discounted rate (around 350THB per day).
- We will organise fair match up fights with both local and international fighters with the possibility of travelling to other countries in the region.
Here’s what we expect from the successful candidate:
- To be totally dedicated to training and improving their craft
- To mingle with our other guests and act as an ambassador for the Sumalee brand.
- To promote Sumalee to friends and acquaintances via word of mouth and social media.
Here’s how to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Sponsored Fighter Program’
- Include your name, age, location, experience, and fight record.
- Include a Google Drive link to any videos of fights that you’ve had.
- A 750-word personal statement as to why you would be a value add to Sumalee Boxing Gym.